Hardwood floors deserve all the attention that they can get. If you’re searching for some home improvement tips, you have clicked on the right article. Refinishing hardwood floor in the chance to give your home a brand new makeover. It’s not work unless you make it a fun project. In order to keep your hardwood floor up to tip-top shape take a look at these helpful tips for refining your floor.
What You Should Know
Before you go ahead with refining your floor by yourself, you should consult with a professional first. It’s a fairly simple job, but you should take these helpful tips into advice. Take measurements of the floor and make note of all the areas that appear to be damaged. Refining a hardwood floor takes at least 2-4 days.
Three Types of Finish
- Penetrating Sealer
Materials You Will Need
Research on the equipment needed. By the way, you can rent this equipment instead of having to buy for just one-time use.
- Finish Applicator
- Putty Knife
- Pad Sander
Steps on How to Refinish Floor
- Sandpaper the floor.to keep it fresh. Before putting sandpaper down, clean the floor from any dust
- Once you filled the entire area with sanding, fill the area with wood filler. Then let it dry
- Even out the floor levels, so that they are even with the sanded surface. Use a scraper. For the scraper, pull it towards you for the finishing results that you need
- Repeat this process several times across your hardwood floor
- You’re not done yet. Using a rag, stain the floor and get rid of any dust lingering on the floor. Then apply the finishing coats and let it dry. Leave the floor alone to let it dry